As winter slowly starts to make its way in, many people are looking for ways to prepare their homes for the cold weather. One task that can be very important is clearing the snow from driveways and sidewalks. If you live in an area where it snows frequently, having a snow blower can be a lifesaver. However, if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on one, or if you want to avoid using gasoline-powered snow blowers, then a battery-powered snow blower may be the best option for you. In this article, we will provide you with information about the best battery-powered snow blowers for 2023 and give you a complete guide on how to choose the right one for your needs.
Best Battery Powered Snow Blower 2023 Comparison Table
|Snow joe 24 v X2 SB18U-RM 48v cordless snow blower||Check Price||Amazon renewed||• Dual port charger
• Auto rotate chute
• Led headlights
|Power smart snow blower||Check Price||Power smart||• Cordless
• 2 stage blower
• Maximum snow clearing capability
|Snow joe 24v X2 SB18 18 inch 48v cordless snow blower||Check Price||Snow joe||• Durable
• Easy to use
• Easy to assemble
|Snow joe 24v SS11 XR 24volt 11 inch cordless snow shovel||Check Price||Snow joe||• Easy to assemble
• 400W motor moves upto 1620LBS
• Light weight
|Power smart cordless snow blower||Check Price||Power smart||• Easy to use
• 2200rpm battery pack
• 180 degree chute rotation
|Voltask cordless snow shovel||Check Price||Voltask||• Adjustable front handle
• Rotating chute
• Durable safety
|Goplus cordless snow blower||Check Price||Goplus||• Light weight
• Easy to assemble
• Battery powered
• Strong and durable construction
|EGO SNT2400 24 inch battery powered cordless||Check Price||EGO power||• Easy to assemble
• Variable speed
• 200 degree rear chute control
• Light weight
|Worx 40v 20 degree cordless snow blower power||Check Price||Worx||• Brushless motor
• Cordless motor
• Light weight
• Easy to assemble
|Worx WG779 40V power share cordless lawn mower||Check Price||Worx||• 6 height adjustable
• Light weight
• Easy to assemble
• Easy to use
1) Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18U-RM
Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18U-RM is a battery powered snow blower that is perfect for small to medium-sized driveways and sidewalks. The LED light illuminates the area in front of the snow blower for greater visibility, while the adjustable chute crank allows you to change the direction of the snow stream. The 4-blade rubber-tipped steel auger does an excellent job of clearing snow, while the rubber paddles on the sides help to push any remaining snow out of the way. This snow blower is in excellent condition and has been professionally inspected.
2) PowerSmart Snow Blower
The PowerSmart Snow Blower is the perfect choice for those who want a powerful, yet easy-to-use snow blower. This snow blower has a brushless motor that provides up to 40 minutes of run time on a single charge. The 50-foot throw distance and 24-inch cordless design make it easy to move around and use. The PowerSmart Snow Blower also features inflatable tires that make it easy to maneuver on any terrain. Finally, the self-propelled feature makes it easy to use and control.
3) Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18
The Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 is a battery powered cordless snow blower that is perfect for clearing small areas of snow. It has a powerful 1200W brushless motor and a rubber-tipped steel auger that can clear a path up to 18 inches wide and 8 inches deep. The chute can be adjusted to direct the snow where you want it to go, and the LED lights make it easy to see in low-light conditions. The unit is also very lightweight and easy to maneuver, making it perfect for clearing sidewalks, driveways, and patios.
4) Snow Joe 24V-SS11-XR 24-Volt
The Snow Joe 24V-SS11-XR is a great little snow blower for those who need to clear light snow from sidewalks, decks and other small areas quickly and easily. This unit is very lightweight at only 12 pounds, making it easy to maneuver. It has a 20 foot throw distance and a 400W motor. The design is also very adjustable, with an ergonomic back-saving handle that can be adjusted to your height. The two-blade high-impact auger does a great job of breaking up and clearing snow.
5) PowerSmart Cordless Snow Blower
The PowerSmart Cordless Snow Blower is a versatile and powerful tool that can make quick work of snow removal. Featuring 180-degrees chute rotation, this blower allows you to direct the snow where you want it to go. The battery powered design means no more messy gas and oil to deal with, and the included charger makes it easy to keep the blower ready to go. With a 25 foot throw distance and 40 volts of power, this blower can handle almost any job. The 18-inch clearing width is perfect for most sidewalks and driveways, and the safety design means you can use it with confidence.
6) Voltask Snow Shovel – 18V
Snow Shovel is the perfect tool for quickly and easily clearing snow from driveways, sidewalk, or deck. This battery-powered snow blower has a powerful 18V motor that can move up to 12 pounds of snow per minute. The large 11-inch clearing width and 16.5-foot throwing distance make short work of even the heaviest snowfalls. The included 4Ah lithium-ion battery provides up to 45 minutes of run time, so you can clear your entire property without having to stop to recharge. The Voltask Cordless Snow Shovel also has an adjustable chute and a non-slip handle that ensures a comfortable, secure grip. With its easy assembly and zero emissions, the Voltask Cordless Snow Shovel is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a hassle-free way to keep their property snow-free all winter long.
What is a Battery Powered Snow Blower?
A battery powered snow blower is a snow removal machine that uses a battery as its power source instead of gas or electricity. Battery powered snow blowers are becoming increasingly popular due to their many advantages over traditional gas or electric models.
Photo Source: bobvila.com
Who Needs Battery Powered Snow Blower?
Are you someone who hates the cold weather? Do you find snow to be a nuisance? If so, then a battery powered snow blower may be perfect for you! This type of snow blower is becoming increasingly popular due to its ease of use and lack of emissions. Plus, they’re much quieter than gas-powered models.
Why You Should Buy Battery Powered Snow Blower
If you are looking for a snow blower that is easy to operate and does not require gas or oil, then a battery powered snow blower is the way to go. Battery powered snow blowers are becoming more popular each year as people realize how much easier they are to use than gas models.
There are many reasons why you should consider buying a battery powered snow blower.
- They are much quieter than gas models, so you will not disturb your neighbors while clearing your driveway.
- They are also much lighter and easier to maneuver, so you will not have to worry about lugging around a heavy snow blower.
- Another great reason to buy a battery powered snow blower is that they are much more environmentally friendly. Gas snow blowers release harmful emissions into the air, but electric models do not. This is important to consider if you are concerned about the environment.
- Finally, battery powered snow blowers are generally less expensive than gas models. If you shop around, you should be able to find a great deal on one of these models.
Types of Battery Powered Snow Blower
There are two main types of battery powered snow blowers: electric and cordless. Each has its own set of pros and cons that you should take into consideration before making a purchase.
- Electric snow blowers
Electric snow blowers are the more affordable option and are typically lighter and easier to maneuver than their gas-powered counterparts. They also tend to be less noisy and emit fewer emissions. However, electric snow blowers require an extension cord, which can be a hassle, and may not be powerful enough to handle heavy snowfall.
- Cordless snow blowers
Cordless snow blowers offer the convenience of not having to deal with a cord, but they are more expensive and tend to be heavier than electric models. Cordless snow blowers also require more maintenance than electric models and may not be able to handle as much snow.
Photo Source; outsidepursuits.com
Considerations Before Buying Battery Powered Snow Blower
When choosing the best battery powered snow blower, consider the following factors:
- Power: The power of a battery powered snow blower is measured in amps. Choose a model with at least 18 amps for light snowfall and 20 amps for medium to heavy snowfall.
- Clearing Path: The clearing path is the width of snow that the machine can clear in a single pass. A wider clearing path means less time spent clearing snow.
- Snow Throw Distance: This is the distance that the snow will be thrown from the machine. A longer distance means less time spent walking back and forth.
- Price: One of the main considerations you’ll want to make before purchasing a battery powered snow blower is how much you’re willing to spend. These types of snow blowers can range in price from around $200 to $500, so it’s important to set a budget before beginning your search.
- Battery life: Another important consideration is the battery life of the snow blower. Some models will have a longer battery life than others, so you’ll want to make sure you choose a model that will be able to handle the amount of snow you need to clear.
- Snow conditions: You’ll also want to take into account the type of snow conditions you’ll be using the snow blower in. If you live in an area with heavy, wet snow, you’ll want to make sure you choose a model that’s designed for that type of condition.
- Size and weight: The size and weight of the snow blower are also important considerations. If you have a large driveway or yard, you’ll want to make sure you choose a model that’s large enough to handle the job. However, if you have a small area to clear, you may be able to get away with a smaller model.
- Ease of use: Finally, you’ll want to consider how easy the snow blower is to use. Some models are designed for people who have never used one before, while others are meant for experienced users. Choose a model that’s right for your skill level and needs.
Once you’ve considered all of these factors, you’ll be well on your way to finding the best battery powered snow blower for your needs. Be sure to read online reviews before making your final purchase to ensure you’re getting a high-quality product.
Advantages of Battery Powered Snow Blower
There are many reasons to own a battery powered snow blower. Some of the advantages include:
- They are quieter than gas-powered snow blowers.
- They emit no fumes or pollutants.
- They require very little maintenance.
- They are much lighter and easier to maneuver than gas-powered snow blowers.
- They are much less expensive to operate than gas-powered snow blowers.
- They start instantly, regardless of the temperature outside.
- They come with a variety of features that make them very user-friendly.
Additional Tips When Using Battery Powered Snow Blower
Now that you know how to choose the best battery powered snow blower, here are some additional tips to help you get the most out of your investment:
- Read the manual carefully before using your snow blower. This will ensure that you understand how to operate it properly and avoid any potential accidents.
- Inspect your snow blower regularly to make sure that all the parts are in good working order. This includes the blades, auger, and chute.
- If you will be using your snow blower in cold weather, make sure to keep the battery charged. Cold weather can reduce the power of the battery and shorten its lifespan.
- When storing your snow blower, make sure to disconnect the battery. This will help prevent any accidental fires.
With these tips in mind, you can be sure that you will get the most out of your battery powered snow blower. So, go ahead and make the investment today! You and your family will be glad you did when the first snowfall hits.
Mistakes to Avoid
When shopping for a battery powered snow blower, avoid these common mistakes:
- Not Checking the Battery Type and Size
Make sure to check what type of battery the snow blower uses, as well as the size. Not all batteries are created equal, and some may not work with your particular model of snow blower.
- Buying a Cheap Battery
Cheap batteries may save you money upfront, but they won’t last as long as a quality battery. In the long run, you’ll end up spending more money on replacement batteries than if you had just bought a good one to begin with.
- Forgetting about the Warranty
When purchasing a battery powered snow blower, don’t forget to ask about the warranty. Some manufacturers offer longer warranties than others, so it’s important to know what you’re getting before you make your purchase.
- Not Reading the Reviews
Before you buy a battery powered snow blower, be sure to read the reviews. There’s nothing worse than being stuck with a lemon, so it’s important to do your research before making a purchase.
- Failing to Maintain the Battery
Like all batteries, battery powered snow blowers need to be properly maintained in order to function at their best. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and charging the battery, and always store it in a cool, dry place when not in use.
By following these simple tips, you can avoid some of the most common mistakes people make when shopping for a battery powered snow blower. Do your research, read the reviews, and be sure to ask about the warranty before making your purchase. And don’t forget to properly maintain your battery powered snow blower in order to keep it running like new.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is a battery powered snow blower?
A: A battery powered snow blower is a portable, self-contained unit that uses batteries to power the motor. The battery pack usually lasts for about 30 minutes of continuous use.
Q: How does a battery powered snow blower work?
A: Battery powered snow blowers work by using a rotating auger to lift snow into the air and then discharge it through a chute. The battery powers the motor, which turns the auger.
Q: What are the benefits of a battery powered snow blower?
A: Battery powered snow blowers are convenient because they do not require an extension cord. They are also lightweight and easy to maneuver.
Q: What are the disadvantages of a battery powered snow blower?
A: Battery powered snow blowers can be expensive, and the battery pack may need to be replaced after a few years. Additionally, they may not have enough power to clear heavy, wet snow.
Q: How do I choose a battery powered snow blower?
A: When choosing a battery powered snow blower, you should consider the size of the unit, the weight, the power, the features, and the price. You should also read reviews to see what other people think of the snow blower.
Q: How do I maintain a battery powered snow blower?
A: You should clean the snow blower after each use, and you should also sharpen the blades on the auger periodically. Additionally, you should check the battery pack and replace it if it is not working properly.
The Battery Powered Snow Blower is a great choice for those who want to snow blow their driveways and sidewalks without having to deal with the hassle of gas or oil. This snow blower is very easy to use and is very powerful, making it a great choice for those who need to remove a lot of snow quickly. The only downside to this snow blower is that it is not as durable as some of the other choices on the market, but it is still a great choice for those who need to remove snow quickly and easily.
My name is Adam Heitzman and I am the founder of allinsnow.com – a blog dedicated to helping snow sports enthusiasts select the best equipment for their needs. As an avid snow-sports enthusiast myself, I have a passion for researching and reviewing the newest gear available on the market, in order to provide my readers with helpful information when selecting their own equipment.